The Activity slip import records activity slips in MYOB. Activity slips can only be imported using Transpost Plus or TransPost Premier.
These fields correspond to the fields on the AccountRight "Enter Activity Slip" form.
Activities slips must identify either an employee or a supplier card, an activity and, if the activity is billable, a customer.
If a job is specified without a customer then TransPost will apply the activity slip to the customer associated with the job.
The grey fields are only shown when the All field radio button is selected. They are either alternatives to the fields shown initially or rarely used and optional.
- If this field is not supplied MYOB will generate a value. Note that there will then be no way to check that a particular record has already been imported so there is a risk, if a file is accidentally imported twice, that records in MYOB are duplicated. We recommend that if the source of the data provides a unique key then that is used to create a SlipID. The maximum length is 30 characters.
- If 'D' for Delete is input to this field then instead of adding an activity slip, TransPost will delete the activity slip identified by the SlipID.
When deleting no other fields are mandatory.
The easy way to delete activity slips is to supply an input file with a list of SlipIDs and set the default for the Activity field to D.
- Date of the activity. Mandatory. If the data contains start and stop time fields in a date-time format one of them may be used for this.
- Provider identification
The Provider card, either an Employee or a Supplier, must be identified somehow so at least one of these fields is required:
- MYOB Card ID of the employee or supplier to whom the activity slip applies. If supplied this will be used and other provider identification fields will be ignored.
- If the employee or supplier is an individual then the lastname is also required to identify them.
If the data contains last names and business/company names in the same column use EmpCoLastName instead.
- If the employee or supplier is an individual then the firstname is also required to identify them.
- Name of the employee or supplier to whom the activity slip applies. Use this field if there are providers identified by company/business name in the same input data column.
- Name of the employee or supplier to whom the activity slip applies. Use this if Company names and last names are in different columns in the data.
- This is the code which identifies the activity. It is mandatory. It must be a valid Activity in the MYOB Activities List or the activity slip will be rejected.
- This optional field should be a valid Job Number in MYOB. It is alpha-numeric and may be up to 30 characters long.
- Customer Identification
- If Job is not specified and the Activity is billable the Customer must be identified.
- MYOB Card ID of the customer. If supplied this will be used and other Customer identification fields will be ignored.
- Name of the customer. May be either a personal last-name or a company name
- First name of the customer if an individual.
- Last name of the customer if an individual. Use this instead of CustCoLastName if customer company names and last names are in different input columns
- Last name of the customer if not an individual. Use this instead of CustCoLastName if customer company names and last names are in different input columns
note that if the supplied data does not contain this but does contain start and stop time they can be mapped instead and TransPost will calculate the difference.
The remaining fields are optional.
Default: If not supplied the rate will be determined according to the rules specified in MYOB for the specific activity. This could be the employee or supplier cost per hour, the customer billing rate or the activity billing rate.
Start and stop time may be either just any reasonably formatted time or date-time e.g. "9:00 AM" as start time and 13:00 as stop time will be interpreted as 4 hours. If start time is "Thursday, 25/05/2023 11:00 PM" and stop time is "26/05/2023 6:00" this will be interpreted as 7 hours.