Item Sales Fields
The following is a list of the significant fields in Item Sales Import. They have been grouped under the headings
In TransPost Sale Line Details are shaded to distinguish then from sale details.
The following fields are used to identify the appropriate customer card for the sale:
- If customer cards have CardIDs this is recommended as the reliable way of identifying the correct customer card for the sale.
- If a CardID is not available then customers may be identified by name. Note that there is a risk that customers of the same name may be confused. If there is is likelihood of two customers with the same name (e.g. John Smith or distinct franchisees of the same franchise) then other fields must be used to distinguish them.
- If the customer is an individual their first name should also be supplied.
Additional customer data can be provided to ensure that the correct customer is identified. If no card ID is used and any of the following fields are provided they will be checked against the customer card to ensure that the correct customer is identified.
- Matched against Email address associated with any of the addresses associated with the customer card. This is a particularly useful identifier as it is unique and generally defined consistently.
- Matched with phone numbers associated with any of the addresses associated with the customer card.
Other address fields will be checked against the customer details and used to discriminate between customer of the same name.
Note that if more than one of these fields is used they must all match the data for the same address. If the billing phone number and the delivery address are supplied together a match will not be found.
- While it is not mandatory, if at all possible it is recommended that the invoice number is specified using a reference number that may be used to reconcile sales in MYOB with the source of the data. If this is not possible then it may not be possible to uniquely identify the sale to reconcile it with the source data although in most cases the customer, sale date and invoice total will provide a match.
- Date of sale will default to today if not supplied.
- Sale Status
- A single letter code to indicate the status or the sale. The options are:
- Q - Quote
- O - Order
- I - Invoice
- This field indicates the action to be applied to the invoice. You can set a default in TransPost or let it take the MYOB default. If not supplied a warning will be generated. The options are:
- P - To be Printed
- E - To be Emailed
- B - To be Printed and Emailed
- A - Already Printed or Sent
The following fields are can be used when applicable:
- This corresponds to the Tax Inclusive check box in MYOB. Y or 1 - Sale is Inclusive
- The amount paid, if applicable.
- Freight amount exclusive of tax.
- Freight amount inclusive of tax.
- This should be supplied if tax applies to freight. It is advisable to set it using the default column if not supplied in the import file.
- GST on freight. If the tax code is "GST" and FreightGSTAmount not specified then TransPost will calculate this from whichever of FreightExTaxAmount and/or FreightIncTaxAmount is provided.
- This is optional but if supplied should be a valid payment method in MYOB.
Sale Line Details
- Mandatory field identifying a valid Item Number in MYOB.
- Quantity is a decimal number which can be negative if required.
- Description. If not supplied the item description in MYOB will be used.
- If not set then if Quantity and ExTaxTotal are provided TransPost will calculate this. Otherwise the tax exclusive selling price in MYOB will be applied.
- If not set then if Quantity and IncTaxTotal are provided TransPost will calculate this. Otherwise the tax incclusive selling price in MYOB will be applied.
- Discount to be applied when calculating total from price. Occasionally MYOB introduces rounding errors which lead to apparent small discounts. Setting this to 0 (zero) explicitly will ensure that this does not occur.
- If this is not specified TransPost will calculate this from Quantity and ExTaxPrice and Discount.
- If this is not specified TransPost will calculate this from Quantity and IncTaxPrice and Discount.
- Tax code as in MYOB. Typically you should set this to default to GST.
- The amount of GST for the item. If the Tax code is set to GST then TransPost will calculate the correct amount from whichever other amounts are specified.