Error Message "Encountered a communication error"

Didem

Error Message "Encountered a communication error"

Post by Didem » Thu 20 Aug, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi

We have been getting these multiple error messages recently when importing our sales and purchases into MYOB. We have been using the same templates and nothing has been changed; however some days we receive these errors and other days we do not. An example of todays sales import error is below.

Importing Item Sales using the mapping 'CUSTOMER SALES ORDERS'
URI: https://ar1.api.myob.com/accountright/53fe0994-5291-4f82-adfe-25672814aa78/Inventory/Item/?$filter=Number eq 'Sales'
Encountered a communication error (https://ar1.api.myob.com/accountright/53fe0994-5291-4f82-adfe-25672814aa78/Inventory/Item/?$filter=Number eq 'Sales') - (The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

Any help would be appreciated on how to fix this.

Thanks
Didem

Julia
Site Admin

Re: Error Message "Encountered a communication error"

Post by Julia » Sat 29 Aug, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi Didem,

The problem is in the AccountRight API server. The MYOB API support team have been working on this problem since early August. They claimed to have resolved it on 21/8/20 and most users have reported an improvement since then but I get the impression that the problem may not be totally solved.

If you continue to have issues with communications errors since that date send your log files for the days on which the problem occurred to support@transpost.com.au. To do that click on Explore Logs where you will find a log file for each day that you used TransPost called "TransPost_Log_yyyy-mm-dd.csv" where yyyy-mm-dd indicates the date of the log file.

For users of TransPost Plus the files are "TransPost Plus_Log_yyyy-mm-dd.csv"
and for TransPOst Express they are called "TransPost Express_Log_yyyy-mm-dd.csv"

We will check out your logs and pass on the relevant details to MYOB API support
Julia Roberts
TransPost Support

awirthy

Post by awirthy » Thu 29 Jul, 2021 11:56 am

Is there any update on this issue, as I am also having this problem.

Julia
Site Admin

Post by Julia » Fri 20 Aug, 2021 4:00 am

This problem recurs intermittently and is particularly an issue around BAS due dates as some users do big catch-up processing then. It is to do with congestion on the MYOB API servers so all we can do is pass on information to our contacts in MYOB API support.

If you are having difficulties send us your log files as per my previous post and I will forward them to MYOB, who tend to pay attention if given enough evidence but not until.

Also it is worth checking https://status.myob.com/ as they do sometimes acknowledge there that they have an issue and then indicate when they think they have resolved it.
Julia Roberts
TransPost Support