Importing Header and Subtotal Lines

TransPost Support
TransPost team member

Importing Header and Subtotal Lines

Post by TransPost Support » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 9:49 am

In TransPost version 3.3.2 we have introduced the ability to import header and subtotal lines in sales. in TransPost Plus and TransPost Premier header and subtotal lines can be imported into purchases as well.

There is a new Line Type field for Sales and Purchases, allowing header and subtotal lines to be included in imports into AccountRight Live. Select Show "All fields" radio button to see it.

Set Line Type to H, for a heading row, or S, for a subtotal, and the contents of the Description field(s) will appear as the heading or subtotal. All other data will be ignored on that line.

If you are importing a column of data as item/amount line descriptions into the Description field and you want to use a different column to input headings then map it into the Description2 field.

If you use more than one of the description fields they will be concatenated just as they would be for a description on any other line.

Header and sub-total lines cannot be imported into classic MYOB (Version 19.x and earlier) as the ODBC driver does not provide for this so, sorry, cannot do - if you need this feature upgrade to AccountRight Live.

TaxiG&B

Re: Importing Header - error lines

Post by TaxiG&B » Mon 15 Aug, 2016 11:27 am

Am seriously trying to import my info containing header line. it nearly worked last week. but now error logs are reporting no item number or tax code when this info is present. No one answering the PHONE either tried twice cannot leave message

Is anyone monitoring this forum - have emailed error logs and tab delimited file

Am in New Zealand anyone else got this to work..

Jennifer

FIONA

Re: Importing Header and Subtotal Lines

Post by FIONA » Fri 05 Oct, 2018 5:45 am

Hi There
Did you manage to get this working?
I am trying to include Header lines in my Item purchases following the instructions.I can happily create and import subtotal lines by putting an S in the line type column, but for some reason it rejects or ignores the line when I put an H in the column.

FIONA

Post by FIONA » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 8:32 am

Hi There
I am trying to import a description (Header lines) at the TOP of the body of a service layout invoice, with the transaction lines below, separated by a blank line. For some reason it splits the data into 2 separate invoices rather than importing as one invoice. However when I put the header lines BELOW the transaction lines it happily imports as one transaction. Does this mean that the invoice data has to start with a transaction line? I have repeated the Company Name, invoice number, and Date on all Lines, i.e. header and transaction.
Can anyone help?

Julia
Site Admin

Post by Julia » Thu 23 Apr, 2020 12:20 pm

If the header line is before the first item details line then it is the first line of the sale and therefore needs to have the sale level (non-item specific) data such as customer and date or TransPost will assume it belongs to the previous sale or is a separate one, invalid if customer is missing.

All that non-item data must be on the FIRST line, even if that line is a heading. TransPost needs to get it before it starts processing line data, whether it is headings or line items. It must then be blank or the same for the remainder of the invoice. A change will cause TransPost to conclude that it has found the start of the next invoice.
Julia Roberts
TransPost Support

jacksullivan

Post by jacksullivan » Thu 16 Jul, 2020 9:17 pm

All the renovations made seem to be supported well by customers and I believe the work will become more effective when it is operated with the updated equipment and instructions.